Are you excited about supporting young women? Join us as a Girls Inc. Mentor for high school girls!
The Girls Inc. mission is to "inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold" through research-based informal education programs that encourage girls to take risks and master physical, intellectual, and emotional challenges. Through a variety of activities and experiences, Girls Inc. equips girls to navigate gender, economic and social barriers and grow into healthy, educated, and independent adults.
Girls Inc. High School Mentors will be assisting with a range of activities designed to allow girls to explore new options and push themselves into healthy spaces outside of their comfort zone. In addition to assisting with these activities, volunteers will help set up and clean up snack, guide girls through transitions between activities and assist with tutoring.
We are looking for volunteers Mondays from 2:45 - 5:30pm and Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 2:45-4:45pm to volunteer at East High School.
We hold Study Table on Mondays from 2:45-3:30 for volunteers interested in tutoring high school level algebra, chemistry, geometry, and english.
Additional opportunities and times are available working with Elementary and Middle school Girls Inc. as well.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour shift 1-2 days per week- 3 month commitment
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Middle School
- School and Community Engagement...
- Girls Inc. Mentor - Elementary...
- Community Fitness Center Detailer
- Girls Inc. Tutor
- Food Bag Loading Supervisor
- Serve up food & friendship to...
- Food Pantry Donation Driver
- Food Pantry Coordinator
- Girls Inc. High School Mentor
- Inventory Manager
- Make handmade cards to thank...
- Elementary Afterschool Classroom...
- Help keep our pantry shelves...
- Be on-call: Serve up food &...