26 people are interested
Hospital Accompaniment Volunteer Advocate
ORGANIZATION: Midland Rape Crisis and Children's Advocacy Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
26 people are interested
Hospital Accompaniment Volunteer Advocates sign-up for shifts to carry the MRCCAC hospital line cellular phone. Volunteers respond to the Midland Memorial Hospital emergency room from 5:00 pm until 8:30 am, Monday thru Thursday and Friday after 5:00 pm until 8:00 am on Monday, when a sexual assault victim presents at the ER for a sexual assault exam. Volunteer Advocates must be able to pass a background check and complete SATP training (provided by MRCCAC).
While this is likely the most difficult of our volunteer tasks, it is essential and can be rewarding. Advocates provide support and resources to victims in a time of crisis. Clients accompanied by an advocate are more likely to seek other services such as advocacy and therapy.
About Midland Rape Crisis and Children's Advocacy Center
PO BOX 10081, MIDLAND, TX 79702, US
Midland Rape Crisis & Children’s Advocacy Center is a private, not-for-profit agency consisting of front line professionals and volunteer advocates. We are committed to helping survivors of sexual assault/sexual abuse and survivors of homicide put the shattered pieces of their lives back together by providing them with comprehensive response services; to helping survivors of all ages and their loved ones at no cost; to raising awareness in the community about sexual assault and child sexual abuse issues; and to working as a team, side-by-side with our partner agencies--Midland Police Department, Midland County Sheriff’s Office, Children’s Protective Services, Midland County District Attorney’s Office, and Midland Memorial Hospital.
Midland Rape Crisis & Children’s Advocacy Center (MRCCAC) provides free and confidential services to sexual assault victims and their families. These services include the following:
- Crisis Intervention Services--Our mission is to help break the silence, restore hope, and heal the pain.
- Therapy Program Services--MRCCAC provides therapy to survivors of sexual assault, sexual abuse, and homicide when they choose to deal with the effects of their trauma. Licensed professional counselors and licensed master social workers provided therapy services free of charge. Therapy is provided for as long as needed.
- Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) Program--The CAC program was established in Midland County in 1996 in an effort to protect the best interests of child victims of sexual abuse and/or severe physical abuse as their cases proceed through the investigation and prosecution stages and beyond.
- Education Program--MRCCAC's Education Program provides an array of public awareness, educational, and training programs to a wide variety of audiences.
- Advocacy--MRCCAC advocates on behalf of its clients in a variety of ways.
- Thrive Support Group--Thrive is our adult, female survivor support group. It is led by one of our Volunteer Advocates, and at least one MRCCAC therapist is present at each group meeting to offer support.
- Brave Beauties Therapy Group--Brave Beauties is our adolescent, female survivor therapy group, ran by one of MRCCAC's therapists.
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover ParkwayMidland, TX 79701
October 6, 2022
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies. No more than 125 hours/month.
- Non-discriminatory and Able to Maintain Confidentiality