The After School Program at the Rafael Hernandez Two-Way Bilingual School (HASP) provides enrichment and academic opportunities for children in K1 through 8th grades throughout the school year. HASP is safe, nurturing, and productive place for our students to learn and grow. The program partners with parents, school day staff, outside organizations, and community members to inspire and support our students. We're also committed to the mission of the school to use Spanish and English languages as constructive tools of learning.
Do you want to learn more about working with youth and building positive relationships with our future leaders? As an volunteer in the After School program, you will have the opportunity to work with young people alongside of our staff assisting daily operations of our program. Some examples of our program include general homework assistance, yoga, drumming, robotics, and running club.
- Assist with After School Programming
- Assist in ensuring the safety and engagement of young people between ages 5 and 14 who attend program activities
- Provide support with homework and encourage academic progress
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance
- Treat children with dignity and respect at all times
- Attend to additional responsibilities/tasks given by the Coordinator/Director
- Desire to work hard and show initiative
- Ability to act as a role model to youth
- Prefer some previous experience working with young people
- Prefer fluency in English and Spanish, but not required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with dates/times that you would be available to volunteer. Scheduling is flexible, as the program runs Monday-Friday from 3:15-6:15. We ask that our volunteers serve at least one hour a week during the program for at least one semester. In addition to the application, volunteers will need to complete a Massachusetts CORI background check and provide ID.
- Child Development
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- at least 1 hour per week
- copy of ID, attend orientation