Attention: Education Majors, Retired Music Teachers, Grandmothers, Lovers of the arts, Help save an arts education treat for young students. Opera NOVA continues a unique practice conceived in 1970 by Catherine Filene Shouse (founder of the Wolf Trap Performing Arts National Park.) She believed that if you want to achieve universal access to America’s Cultural Heritage, you start with young students in public School and introduce them to an opera, the composite of all the arts. Why public school? Because it is the great equalizer of American education.
In March 2018, 2,800 children from public, private, parochial and home schools will attend Opera NOVA’s production of Rossini’s classic masterpiece La Cenerentola, condensed for a student audience and based on the Fairy Tale of Cinderella, conceived over a 100 years before Disney 's interpretation. Help prepare a Study Guide for teacher preparation, create a newsletter for teachers and schools, or be the liaison to teachers and schools. At least 50,000 children have had this experience since 1973. Volunteer to see that we fill 2,800 seats at TJ Middle School Theater in March 2018. To volunteer please call the Opera NOVA Office at (703) 536-7557 or email@example.com.
- Child Development
- Customer Acquisition
- Group Facilitation
- Arts Administration
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2+ hours per week
- Event Planner
- Costume/Wardrobe Volunteer Wanted
- Volunteer Fundraisers wanted
- Newsletter Writer/Editor
- Volunteer Education Coordinators...
- Audience Development for...
- Volunteer PhD Candidates wanted...
- Webmaster Needed
- Finance Volunteer wanted
- Volunteers needed for opera...
- Grant Writers needed for opera...
- Stage manager for opera...
- Administrative Assistant
- Connect Local Girl Scouts With...
- Volunteer Coordinator wanted for...
- School Coordinator for...
- Volunteer Musical Instrument...