Are you looking to leverage your marketing and/or PR experience to help unite horses and humans? Since Lucky Orphans Horse Rescue opened their barn doors in 2008, they have helped many horses find a more promising and meaningful future. It is LOHR’s goal to not only save these wonderful animals, rehabilitating them and rebuilding their trust in people, but also to use their stories of struggle and overcoming adversity, of building trust, leadership, and teamwork to inspire children, young adults and the community. Today, LOHR is dedicated to providing a forever home for these magnificent creatures, educating the community, and focusing on strengthening the relationship between children and animals to build a more compassionate future.
We are seeking an experienced marketing/communications volunteer to help us share the great work going on at Lucky Orphans with our supporters and expand our reach.
- Work with Executive Director and Development Committee to execute components of a year end fundraising plan, including development of an annual appeal and annual report
- Create and manage published content, including written, images, and especially video
- Help to secure media exposure and organizational reach
- Provide strategic social media guidance to cultivate donor and community relationships
- Able to commit time weekly throughout a minimum six month period
- Willing to volunteer both on site at our farm and virtually as necessary
- complete our online volunteer application at http://luckyorphans.bravesites.com/
- click on the red "I want to help button"
Interested in helping Lucky Orphans but NOT in a marketing/communications capacity? We'd love to discuss how you can help our herd! Please reach out for more information, or complete the volunteer application noted under Next Steps.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Consistent weekly commitment for 6 mo. period or >