Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program. Do good for your community while using your professional expertise. Work with talented peers on a rewarding non-profit cause related program. RG is a nonprofit organization that helps families in need of genome research.
The Development Director serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Rare Genomics Institute. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Rare Genomics Institute visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Development Director also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The Development Director will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow the annual budget through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
S/he will expand and diversify Rare Genomics Institute donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition to helping establish, communicate and maintain an annual events calendar.
It is expected that the amount raised by Rare Genomics Institute will increase in future years as the Development Director systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
- Support all major fundraising initiatives
- Develop and implement Rare Genomics Institute financial strategy
- Actively work with senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position RG ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to RG’s board and senior leaders
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Identify, develop, and mentor the development team
- Experience in a non profit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside RG Nonprofit
- Bachelor's degree required
- High energy and passion for Rare Genomics Institute mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per week
- Analyst-Data Science and Analytics
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- Security Analyst
- RG Patient Research Services...
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Community Engagement Associate
- Healthcare/Genomics Business...
- Project Manager (Legal)
- Strategic Alliance Associate
- Biotech Start-up Research...
- Patient Advocate Associate (PAA)
- Grant Writer
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Development Director