Gardens of Western Reserve Hospice provides support to grieving loved ones for 13 months following the death. Volunteers are needed to:
- Make follow up phone calls and/or visits to provide a listening ear, offer support, share grief resources and refer back to the Bereavement Coordinator when necessary.
- Assist at Memorial Services by helping with set up/clean up, registration or take an active part in the service. Memorial Services are offered once a year.
- Event Design & Planning
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/month-8 hrs/month depending on need
- Good listening skills, Pleasant phone voice, Willingness to participate in education opportunities