Opera Company in the Chain Bridge area of North Arlington needs Volunteer Fundraisers to raise funds from local businesses. We are looking for self-starting individuals including, but not necessarily restricted to: college or graduate students, stay-at-home mothers, retired teachers and musicians. researching local business in Northern Virginia and the DC Area, contacting these businesses, maintaining a database of these businesses, and offering ads in our programs as part of the package. You will learn from seasoned volunteers at Opera NOVA about how to raise such funds.
The following skills are helpful: reasoning ability, ability to communicate well in writing and in person, ability to meet deadlines, and proficiency in MS Excel and Word. A commitment of 2+ hours per week is desired.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Opera NOVA at (703) 536-7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Opera NOVA is a non-profit company whose contributions are tax-deductible under section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS Code and is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 or more hours per week
- Event Planner
- Costume/Wardrobe Volunteer Wanted
- Volunteer Fundraisers wanted
- Newsletter Writer/Editor
- Volunteer Education Coordinators...
- Audience Development for...
- Volunteer PhD Candidates wanted...
- Webmaster Needed
- Finance Volunteer wanted
- Volunteers needed for opera...
- Grant Writers needed for opera...
- Stage manager for opera...
- Administrative Assistant
- Connect Local Girl Scouts With...
- Volunteer Coordinator wanted for...
- School Coordinator for...
- Volunteer Musical Instrument...