We strongly support inclusiveness and encourage immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ+, individuals with (dis)abilities, and traditionally marginalized communities to apply
Championing programs that empower HIV-positive youth to succeed individually and flourish as leaders who advocate the rights of people living with HIV in their communities.
H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. aims to transform the lives of children, youth, young adults who are infected with HIV and families who are affected by HIV. Through our comprehensive and relevant services at H.Y.P.E. Which involve the umbrella of current and projected services include; Housing, Social Empowerment, Education, Social Services, Health, Linkage to Care, Advocacy, Outreach
IRS Awarded Tax-exemption January 2017
H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. is seeking to appoint fifteen new members to ensure we have the capacity and skills to implement our goals in the next phase of our evolution.
- Broaden your connections and build valuable networks.
- Round out your resume.
- Gain expertise on complex issues that are integral to business and the economy.
- Strengthen project and team management skills
- Become a better coach
- Make an impact.
Responsibility and Authority:
- To whom is the board member accountable?
- Mission fulfillment
- Leadership on behalf of the public interest
- What authority does each board member have?
- Governance Goal
- Fiscal oversight
- Setting long-term strategy
- Collective Action
- How long are board members expected to serve?
- Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Monthly Time Commitment for Board Members
It is an expectation that all Board Members participate in the following activities:
- 4 Hours (at max) Board meetings 1 time per month
- 4 hours (at max) of committee meetings 1 time per month
- 2 hours (at max) for twice monthly Board / Committee Update call
All Board Members are expected to be prepared for in-person meetings and phone calls. Members should include updates on meetings with Sponsors, Donors, and partners, as well as, provide an overview of any community events and meetings attended on behalf of other organizations. Additionally, especially with H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. still in infancy, it is expected that members will participate in ad-hoc board meetings and/or ad-hoc committees, as needed. As appropriate, members are expected to advocate on behalf of the organization to secure community support and funding for programs.
As it is hard to quantify the time and efforts needed, an estimate of the time commitment per month, on the high-end, is 60 hours. As the organization becomes more solvent and programs are officially launched, the time commitment is likely to decrease over time as a strong organizational foundation is being built. The time estimate is being provided not to dissuade individual interest in being a Board Member, but to shift interest into action with a commitment of time to the organization.
- The board of directors meets January through December on the last Sunday of the month, 2:00 p.m., at Georgia Equality (Philip Rush Center) in the annex building in the back.
- Committees meet on average one time per month, pending their respective work agenda.
- Meeting year: January-December
Needed Skills but not limited to:
- Social Services
- Other (s)
Needed Roles But not limited to:
For faster response, please send your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly support inclusiveness and encourage immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ+, individuals with (dis) abilities, and traditionally marginalized communities to apply
- Legal (General)
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training