Project Management Intern (volunteer), age 20+, are ambassadors for Volunteer Polk, Polk County's volunteer center. Together under guidance of the Volunteer Polk Manager, Volunteer Project Leaders coordinate project logistics, such as communicating with Volunteer Polk, project agencies, groups or volunteers and see that their needs and community needs are being met. Volunteer Leaders are resourceful and have a positive attitude.
- The center has recently launched a project where volunteers are cutting and crocheting plastic shopping bags into sleeping mats, which will be given in early December to agency partners serving the homeless.
- Assist with replying to public inquiries regarding: shopping bag collection sites, facilitate "Train the Trainer" classes (don't need to know how to crochet - Trainer does that).
- Collect and record volunteers' training and service hours into volunteer database, Volgistics. Training provided.
- Plan, coordinate and promote "Train the Trainer" crochet class schedules and coordinate with Trainers.
- Periodically, attend community recruitment opportunities to assist with volunteer recruitment for project, as schedule permits.
- Build relationships with participating crochet groups/group leaders through site visits, and the preparation of a monthly newsletter featuring photos, volunteer spotlights, and stories regarding the making of the mats by the different groups.
- Reach out to 20+ shopping bag collection sites around Polk to ensure they have a crochet group assigned to them, that is periodically emptying their collection bins. Upon occasion, Project Leader, may have to fulfill this role when there is not an assigned club/group.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess good interpersonal skills working with groups diverse in age, ethnicity, gender, etc.
- Minimum commitment is: ASAP through project distribution in August 2018 (Date TBA).
- Days and Hours of service are flexible - for internships, we will coordinate around your class schedule. Volunteer Center is open M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Background check is at no cost to volunteer.
- Visitor Registry Clerk - Circle...
- Do You Enjoy Performing Magic...
- Educator Assistant
- Speak Up for Children - Dundee
- Nature Explorer Outdoor...
- Homework Helpers - Combee...
- Shooting Range Safety Assistant...
- Speak Up for Children - North...
- Big Brother / Big Sister or...
- Karaoke Performer and Singaree...
- Homework Helpers - Mulberry...
- Center Cleanup Crew
- Research Assistant
- Fundraising and Grants Assistant
- Speak Up for Children - Haines...
- Education Program Station Ranger...
- Speak Up for Children - Davenport
- Group Project Options - Paint &...
- Diplomats of Tourism - Visitor...