Through selfless service to others, we can spread the seed of compassion and cooperation. s a Langtang Volunteer, you can enjoy breathtaking views, relaxing hikes, rewarding work, a unique culture, and generous hospitality.
FIRE-hosted volunteer trips are led by professional Langtang guides. We offer four travel options. All trips include 7 nights in Langtang and 4 nights in Kathmandu.
The dates below note the arrival and departure dates from Kathmandu, Nepal. These dates are the latest dates to arrive and earliest you should plan on leaving. Travel to and from your home country are additional to these dates.
Exact trip dates vary based on the option you choose. Additional sightseeing days are available in Kathmandu and Langtang Valley.
- Option 1: Trek/Trek: October 26 to November 11, 2018 $1,800*
- Jeep ride and trek to Langtang and back to Kathmandu
- Option 2: Fly/Trek: October 28 to November 11, 2018 $2,100*
- Jeep ride and trek to Langtang; fly back to Kathmandu by helicopter
- Option 3: Trek/Fly: October 26 to November 9, 2018 $2,100*
- Fly by helicopter; trek and jeep ride back to Kathmandu
- Option 4: Fly/Fly: October 28 to November 9, 2018 $2,450*
- Fly to Langtang and back to Kathmandu by helicopter
*prices based on minimum of 3 people per flight.
- Additional day in Kathmandu without guide - $70 per person per day (includes food and hotel)
- Additional day in Kathmandu with guide - $120 per person per day (includes food, hotel, guide, and transport)
- Additional day in Kyanjin Gompa - $75 per day (minimum 3 days) (includes food, hotel, and guide)
- Excavating the remains of a nearby monastery that recently started to resurface as avalanche snow melt
- Building a year-round greenhouse in Langtang
- Contributing to the construction and development of the Heritage Trail and Heritage Center
- A non-refundable deposit holds your spot and is due by August 1, 2018.
- With your deposit, we require the following documents:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of flight schedule
- Signed liability release
- Proof of emergency travel and evacuation insurance
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Full payment is due September 10, 2018.
- If you cancel your trip after paying the deposit, you will be provided with a tax deductible receipt.
- Prices include all in-country expenses: meals, lodging, permits, entrance fees, Nepal and American guides, porters, and transportation.
- These prices do not include flights to and from Nepal, room upgrades, bottles water, alcohol, extended stays or tips for guides.
- All rooms are shared room with two people per room. Single room upgrades are available an additional $200 per person.
- We plan our itineraries to the best of our knowledge, but please know that there may be unexpected changes.We will do our best to inform you and support you, but please be flexible.
- Our preferred method of payment for deposits and final payments is with a mailed check to: FIRE Projects, PO Box 22187, Flagstaff, AZ 86002, USA.
Please contact email@example.com or call 928-779-2288 for more information or to sign up for the trip!
We are grateful for your support! We hope you will join us!
- Disaster Cleanup
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Exhibition Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 days
- Signed Liability Release