Position Summary: The Geek Group fills an important gap in today’s education experience by providing a physical and virtual place to discover, invent and learn through making - to explore ideas with the right tools and collaborative people. We are seeking a motivated Donor Relations intern to join our Institutional Advancement team. This internship is intended for a student or recent graduate interested in acquiring experience within a professional setting and developing relationships within the West Michigan business and non-profit community.
- help author development plan
- assist in creating materials needed for donor relation building including letters, electronic communications and presentations, and informational packets.
- Help create a culture of gratitude through donor recognition
- Help maintain database with donor and prospect informational
- Stewardship- create and implement donor communication plans with individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- interest in institutional advancement/development (fundraising experience is a plus)
- comfortable with face-to-face marketing
- passion for education and lifelong learning
- self-motivated and able to problem-solve
- ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the greater IA team
- familiarity with salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
Hours: A flexible schedule of 10-20 hours per week, to be arranged by intern and staff. Some of the work can be done independently if intern has access to necessary tools outside of the office.
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Flexible 10-20 hour a week commitment