Volunteer with Hospice Patients in a Nursing Home near YOU!
24 people are interested
Just a few hours a month providing companionship to a hospice patient makes a HUGE difference in someone's life.
We will work around your schedule, location and comfort level. Our training program is well organized and you'll receive as much support as you need!
- Patient /Family Support: Provide companion visits and caregiver support (1-3 hour intervals), pet visitation, massage therapy, run errands, conduct a Life Review (record a patient's life history through personal interview).
- Bereavement Volunteer: Under the direction of our Bereavement Coordinator, volunteers make support phone calls to the bereaved to provide encouragement and coaching through the grief process. They may also serve as support group facilitators and coordinate and participate in remembrance ceremonies.
- Office Assistance: We are always in need of help with creating admission packets for our patients/families and physicians, filing, photocopying, mail processing and other office work.
- Miscellaneous: Volunteers make small memory boxes, quilts, pillows, knit scarves, scrapbook, create photo collages for patients and their families to create a lasting commemoration of the life of the patient. Volunteers also lead programs and special events in the community and at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Interpersonal communication skills: Volunteers must be compassionate, a good listener.
Completion of training program, background check, TB test required prior to volunteering at no cost to you. Flexible hours.
We'll work with your schedule.
Cincinnati AreaFairfield, OH 45014
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 Hours a Month