Do you enjoy meeting and interacting with people? Do you have the aptitude to operate cash register and credit card machines? Do you like to help people find the perfect gift or resource that they need?
Become part of the gift shop team, and help provide our staff and guests with inspirational resources to help make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
This is a Volunteer (non-paid) position.
Sells merchandise and provides customer service to gift shop clientele.
- Interact with customers to provide a friendly and caring atmosphere
- Calculate sales, deductions, and accurately count cash
- Operate cash register and credit card machines
- Handwrite department, member sales invoices, and telephone orders
- Wrap or bag merchandise
- Unpack, inventory, and display merchandise
- Advise manager of needed inventory
- Coordinate custom flags and display rentals
- Open and close the store
- Deposit the day’s sales with accounting
- Follow up on check requests
- Professional demeanor
- Enjoy serving and being friendly with customers
- Work well with coworkers
- Ability and confidence to make informed decisions when outside the normal operations format
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively across all facets of the organization
- Must view this position as a ministry
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 18 hours per week
- Server System Administrator
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- Physician Assistant
- IT Software Developer
- Partner Relations Representative
- Special Events Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- IT Systems Administrator
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Communication Systems Tech/Consult
- Aviation Business Manager
- Director of Technology and...
- AP Check Clerk
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff