Rusk- Patient Companionship Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
The Volunteers are an integral part our Care Team. They enhance the quality of life of the patient in many ways. They provide compassionate support for patients and their families in home, hospital, Long Term Care Home, and Hospice.
The importance of our volunteers to the program cannot be overstated. Without volunteers we could provide neither the kinds nor the scope of services which are so urgently needed to enhance the quality of the lives of our patients and their families.
As members of the Palliative Care Team, there are specific functions and responsibilities expected of the Palliative Care Volunteer.
- To provide support to a patient who has a life-threatening or terminal conditon and their family.
- To assist the health care team to provide optimum quality of life to the patient who is dying and their family.
- To support other Hospice Palliative Care volunteers and staff.
Responsibilities: These may include
- Provide companionship and support to the patient and family
- Provide simple comfort measures for a patient
- Preparing light meals or carrying out light household tasks
- Giving reminders of medication schedules but NOT administering medications
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Observing and reporting changes in the patient’s condition to volunteer coordinator or designate
- Writing letters, or reading to the patient
- Maintaining records of visits - day - time - travel
- Attend Volunteer training program and facility orientation programs
- Attending regular volunteer meetings
- Advising volunteer coordinator of sick leave or vacation
- Using telephone support when needed
We'll work with your schedule.
many addressesRusk, TX 75785
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-6 hrs a week
- TB Testing. Drug Testing