28 people are interested
Hospice Patient Companion Volunteers Needed - DECATUR
28 people are interested
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED in the Decatur area.
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program. We go where our patients are (Homes, Facilities, ALF's and Nursing Homes).
*No Medical history needed, just a compassionate heart.
Volunteers are an important part of the team and provide a valuable service to our patients. Our goal is to give our patients the opportunity to live until they die and as a volunteer, you provide a vital role in giving our patients permission to live. To ensure all of our volunteers are equipped for the challenge of working with the terminally ill, we require all volunteers to:
- Fill out and provide all required documentation
- Pass a background check - we pay
- Pass a drug test - we pay
- Pass a TB test - we pay
- Provide valid ID and Auto Insurance
- Attend and complete mandatory orientation and training
- Now accepting 16-year-old Volunteers with supervision.
There are many different ways that you can make a difference in the life of others as a hospice volunteer:
- Direct Patient Companionship
- Indirect Support
As the Volunteer Coordinator for Bristol Hospice, it is my mission to provide our patients with a lasting legacy. As a Volunteer you can give our patients that chance to live by:
- Support for the patient, listening walking, holding a hand, letter writing, reading taking pictures, encourage a life review, pet therapy, music therapy, light housekeeping, and assisting the family or caregiver if requested.
- Administrative work in our office, answering phones, filing, preparing mailings, making patient admission packets, and help with Bereavement phone calls and letters.
If this sounds like a challenge you are up for please contact me and let's talk!
11:45 AM to 01:15 PM
NEED A VOLUNTEER WHO CAN ASSIST WITH LUNCH TIME COMPANIONSHIP AT A FACILITY
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Bristol Hospice - Atlanta, LLC
2849 Paces Ferry Road SE, Suite 380, Atlanta, GA 30339, US
You matter Because you are you. You matter to the last moment of your life. - Dame Cicely Saunders.
We are a local hospice company serving the greater Atlanta, Cobb, Gwinnett, West GA area.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 11, 2021
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We are seeking committed volunteers for our volunteer team. We want you to join!. This is a very rewarding opportunity.
- Relais online 12 modules and annual training mandatory