Support a family caregiver by spending time with an older adult who has a chronic illness or disability. You’ll provide supervision and socialization for the older adult while the caregiver receives a break. You may play games, read, or do other various activities with the senior while their caregiver is away.
- Provide respite support by visiting and supervising care receiver.
- Provide a stimulating activity if appropriate.
- Stay with care receiver until caregiver or other relief is present.
- Report all changes in care receiver status and concerns about the caregiver to assigned Service Coordinator.
- Participate in DARTS orientation & training, evaluation and on-going communication with Service Coordinator.
- Understand and follow the DARTS Volunteer Guidelines.
- Report monthly volunteer service hours.
- Elder care
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours, 2 to 4 times per month or on-call.