Co-facilitate weekly support group for people who have experienced domestic violence. Facilitators provide an empowering, strength-based approach while creating a safe, respectful, confidential, and welcoming space for individuals to share as they process and navigate difficult situations in their lives.
Impact & Benefits
- Make an impact in the lives of clients as you foster positive growth by providing a safe, supportive environment for individuals to process and share difficult experiences
- Practice effective group facilitation and communication skills.
- Create a supportive and safe space while maintaining boundaries and client confidentiality
- Provide referrals to Tubman and community-based resources when appropriate
- Collaborate with the co-facilitator in organizing and planning for each weekly group
- Model genuine compassion, empathy, and open-minded responses within the group
Qualifications & Expectations
- Knowledge of the community served including an understanding of domestic violence
- An understanding of the support group model as different from therapy
- Participation in a prior support group (as a member or facilitator) is preferred
- Ability to effectively facilitate group process in a supportive and confidential manner
- Proven ability to remain calm in response to difficult information and situations
- Excellent communication and people skills including active listening skills and ability to respond appropriately to client needs while maintaining professionalism and boundaries
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
- Tuesdays from 5:30-8:00 pm (includes planning time and set up) at Minneapolis location. Check Tubman - www.tubman.org/ for upcoming training dates.
- Minimum commitment of one year.
- Attend Tubman’s five-part Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Training series
- Supervision and co-facilitation provided by the Transitional Housing Lead staff
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or...
- Youth Outreach Center Advocate
- Career Specialist Volunteer
- Child Care Assistant...
- Pet Therapy Partners - Volunteer
- Movement for Violence Prevention...
- Legal Counseling Advocate...
- Support Group Facilitator -...
- Recruitment Specialist for...
- Computer Resource Assistant...
- Community Partner Coordinator...
- Resource Counseling Advocate -...