Volunteer Educational Facilitator For Alternative School Needed
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1431 Norman Berry Dr.East Point, GA 30344
Update: We are currently relocating to East Point Ga. and are looking for individuals who fit the criteria below who also have an interest in helping with the planning phase (recruitment, marketing, activity planning, etc.). Please read below and contact us if you're interested in helping us move this vision forward. Thank you!!!
We are looking for an individual with the heart of a loving parent or mentor who wants to engage with young people in a way that is authentic and purposeful. Applicants should be attuned to children and teens in a way that inspires and encourages fun learning experiences. GROW Facilitators are expected to model what it means to be a lifelong learner. They are simultaneously educators, students, artists, scientists, explorers, counselors, entrepreneurs, tacticians, philosophers, leaders, and service workers.
GROW was founded upon the following principles:
- Children are people;
- Learning is natural and cannot be measured; Education is most precious when the learner is inspired and interested;
- A mixed-aged community promotes learning that is beneficial to all;
- People learn from culture;
- Personal development is encouraged through cycles of intention, creation, reflection, and sharing;
- A community seeking and embracing diversity facilitates a more holistic education.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4-20 hours a week