Program Volunteer Position Description
The mission of 2-1-1 Big Bend is to provide assessment, emotional support, crisis assistance, education, training, and referrals with accurate, up-to-date resource information. 2-1-1 Big Bend operates Helpline 2-1-1, the Florida HIV/AIDS Hotline and the Family Health Line. In addition, the agency answers calls for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and other organizations that contract with 2-1-1 Big Bend for hotline services. Program Volunteers help us meet this mission by assisting with public relations, special events, administrative tasks, data entry, information and referral, and other projects as delegated. This position is directly responsible to the Coordinator of Volunteers.
Successful Program Volunteers possess a motivation to help people, a non-judgmental attitude, strong communication skills, and basic computer proficiency. Experience in public speaking or completion of course on public speaking is preferred.
Primary Job Responsibilities - Speaker's Bureau
Goal: Assist in promoting community awareness and recruitment of volunteers
Objectives: Solicit opportunities and present to universities, churches, groups, and volunteer placement programs and service fairs.
- Contact agencies to offer presentations/request opportunity to speak with groups to promote recruitment
- Design presentations
- Track and report presentations
- Assist in outreach efforts related to volunteer recruitment drives by distributing posters and leaflets to campuses and the greater Tallahassee area
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 12 hours per month
- 100 hours total