Every 3rd Saturday of the month.
Assist in the repair of small appliances, rewiring lamps, kitchen appliances and non-electrical household items, etc. Volunteers with experience in home electronics and simple repairs of household items are needed. As a Fix It Cafe expert you will provide guidance to participants as they work to repair the items they bring to the event.
Set-up begins at 9.30 a.m. Bring your own tools. Held in the newly renovated Bank Barn at Glasgow Park.
Do you enjoy and have a fair amount of experience repairing small household electronics and other items? Volunteers will simply help diagnose the problems with the small appliances and other items participants bring, determine if repair is possible and advise on the steps to take to repair the item.
Enjoying meeting new people, patience and the ability to provide clear instructions are positives. The goal is for the owner of the item to gain some experience and prevent repairable items from ending up in the landfill.
- Appliance Repair
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours a month
- Just some basic skills and interest in appliance repairs and some friendliness
- Talented Tinkerers Needed! Fix...
- Westside Farmers Market Help...
- Glasgow Park Farmers Market Help...
- Route 9 Farmers Market
- Carousel Park Farmers' Market -...
- Community Gardens (Garfield...
- Rockwood Park Farmers' Market -...
- Nature Crafts Set-up & Breakdown...
- Join the Rockwood Volunteer Team!
- Carousel Park & Equestrian Center