LID: New Jersey Director of Community Engagement
4 people are interested
JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.The Director of Community Engagement will coordinate local Site Liaisons who are in charge of each particular location.
Manage a network of Sites Liaison (Newark, Paterson, Dover, Elizabeth, Linden):
- Coordinate weekly call Saturdays 5pm
- Provide support to the local Site Manager by connecting them with other departments
- Follow up with Site Liaisons to ensure project is moving along
- Connect with the hosts (library, school, etc.)
- Develop and establish documentation for new site launches
- Recruit Site Liaisons
Manage development team of new sites
- Manage volunteers in charge of development who are scouting for new locations
- Visit new site or make arrangement for a Site Liaison to visit
- People management: you will be managing volunteers in charge of doing the day-to-day work.
- Project Management: set deadlines and work towards them.
- Familiarity with New Jersey
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Administrative Support
- Business Development
- Youth Services
- 6 hours/week