We are seeking a dynamic and dependable volunteer to assist with managing our volunteer base. Duties Include:
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media, volunteermatch.org, etc.)
- Recruiting, assigning responsibilities and filling spots with the right people for special events.
- Scheduling weekly/monthly/project basis volunteer help.
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions.
- Research a more efficient volunteer management system and records of volunteers’ information and assignments.
- Other duties as requested by Executive Director
Helps if you have these qualifications:
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Some experience with social media beyond the basics-scheduling posts, Facebook ads, growing follower bases, etc.
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel).
- Strong interest in arts and culture and follow local and national news and trends.
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people.
This volunteer position or internship is focused on providing real-world training and an out-of-classroom educational experience to those interested in pursuing a career in management, communications, public relations, and/or arts administration.
This volunteer position can be offsite or in our office. If working offsite, you may be required to periodically come into the office. If working onsite, we will schedule your days. This is an unpaid volunteer position; however, it can also equate to an internship with exchanged hours worked for university credit. We would be happy to make arrangements to accommodate this. We would like a commitment of 4-6 hours a week (or to be determined by an internship). This position can be ongoing, but we would like your engagement for at least 2-3 months.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter from the Executive Director, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the DCA work towards its mission.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6 hours a week for at least 2-3 months