GGO Opera singer Helps Middle School Students
- Golden Gate Opera seeks key person for Fundraising Team: Potential Board Position:
- Achieve sponsors;
- Fill in online Grant Applications.
- Events: Auction Item donations: solicit, receive, track items in an excel spread sheet we provide you. Assist with displays, and registration at the event (and other events), greet attendees, gracious and appreciative. T
We will be putting on other events during the year ahead and would like you to gain experience to be part of our team now, and use that experience on the next events. We are looking for someone to contribute knowledge, experience, and a strong work ethic for success, and also learn skills. You can plan to work directly with us, in office and out of office to make our events and fun-raising a success. Seeking lead volunteer, and team of volunteers for special events.
- Work directly with Executive Director planning this and additional events.
- Reach out to local businesses, schools, sponsors, and donors:
- Request item Donations for Auction: Use GGO Item Donation form
- Keep track of contacts reached, results and next action needed, team work by google doc.
- Communicate/ participate in marketing - raising awareness for the event.
- Work with Team to spread the word, through mailing, Social media, flyer distribution, and online programs.
- PR: Online Calendar Listings, Input online the Basic PR about the event. We will teach you how.
- Attend 3 event planning meetings, In person and or phone meeting.
- Reach out with GGO materials, to community organizations, general public and donors about sponsorship opportunities;
- Contact schools for our Bullying Prevention Opera to go to their students.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, you feel satisfaction at meeting deadlines.
- Previous internship or related experience in event planning is a plus
- An Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in professional manner with press, community contacts and volunteers
- Enthusiasm for opera and children
- Task List completion.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Database Administration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 12 hours a week - 4 hours remotely from home
- Self-starter, Communication, Positive attitude, Reliable, Follow Through, Team, Gracious