Live in the Himalayas and teach eager students with Trek to Teach! Trek four days to reach your school where you’ll live in tranquility with views of snow-capped mountains, surrounded by a culture of welcoming people. Interns are considered apart of their community and get a glimpse of what students in the Himalayas must do to daily to reach school. Teach English, with free time to explore your village or journey further into the Himalayas! The breathtaking Annapurna Base Camp is a wonderful option. Our interns have consistently said Trek to Teach has been one of the best decisions of their lives.
In April 2015 Nepal was struck by an earthquake that shook her to the roots. The nation’s strong and resilient people are pressing forward in high hopes, welcoming travelers and volunteers with open arms. Our partnered schools in the Annapurna Mountain Range were unaffected by the earthquake and are safe to travel to and stay in. Nepal is in need of English teachers now more than ever.
Three months is the minimum amount of time to participate. *Please note that there may be a school break during your visit, i.e. "Mid June - Mid July"
- Please also note that, while Trek to Teach does collect a internship fee to cover the costs of food and housing in your village, every penny of the cost will go to serving the people of Nepal and our mission to improve the education system in rural Himalayan Nepal. For information on the breakdown and details of costs, please visit our FAQs on our website: http://trektoteach.org/frequently-asked-questions/
- Possible Quarters for departure:
- Oct 22 - Dec 29 2017
- January 5 - March 16 2018
- April - July 2018
- July - September 2018
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months +
- Physical ability to trek through difficult terrain 8+ hours/day for 4+ days straight