Who We Are:
CLC’s mission is to help low-income adults in Philadelphia gain academic and employment skills so that they can realize their fullest potential at home and in the workforce. Founded in 1987, CLC provides free adult basic education, high school equivalency preparation, workforce preparation, and English as a second language classes and tutoring.
What is a Technology Assistant?
As a nonprofit organization, CLC strives to provide its learners and staff with technological resources on a limited budget. As a technology assistant, your role is to provide hands-on IT support that will help ensure that CLC’s computers run efficiently.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare new and donated technology for staff/learner use
- Install and update computer software for desktops and laptops
- Create and update spreadsheets to track your progress
- Maintain CLC’s computer inventory spreadsheet, which tracks where individual computers are located and which computers are assigned to specific staff members
- Support other technology-based projects as needed
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Consulting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Security / Network Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of Three (3) Hours Per Week
- Moderate to Extensive Computer/IT Experience