The second Saturday of every month, Bible Way Christian Center in San Jose partners with Second Harvest Food Bank's Produce Mobile program to offer hundreds of bags of free groceries to the local community.
- Saturday, 4/14/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM
- Saturday, 5/12/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM FULL
- Saturday, 6/9/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM FULL
- Saturday, 7/14/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM *** CANCELED ***
- Saturday, 8/11/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM FULL
- Saturday, 9/8/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM
- Saturday, 10/13/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM FULL
- Saturday, 11/10/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM
- Saturday, 12/8/2018, 9:30AM - 1:00PM
- Saturday, 1/12/2019, 9:30AM - 1:00PM
- Saturday, 2/9/2019, 9:30AM - 1:00PM
- Saturday, 3/9/2019, 9:30AM - 1:00PM
If your preferred dates are full do check back because sometimes slots become available.
Volunteers are needed for every step of the distribution process:
- Unloading pallets of groceries from the delivery truck
- Prepping and packing individual grocery bags
- Putting bags in the hands of grateful families
- Assisting those who need help carrying groceries out to their cars
All volunteer tasks take place at the church. When you arrive, come to the loading dock in the back of the building and sign in.
Wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes. You'll be on your feet most of the time handling boxes, bags, or carts full of groceries. We go year round, rain or shine. Water and snacks are provided but feel free to bring your own.
Here's an approximate schedule:
- Setup 9:30am - 10:00am
- Orientation 10:00am - 10:15am
- Assembly 10:15am - 11:30am
- Distribution 11:30am - 1:00pm
Please arrive between 9:30am and 10:00am for orientation, and stay to the end if you can. We appreciate all the time you're willing to share.
All are welcome! There is literally a ton of work to do but we have jobs to suit every level of physical ability from ticket-taking to heavy lifting. It's a fun, fast-paced operation that will leave you tired but exhilarated.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- 9:30AM - 1:00PM