Event Volunteer - LLS Light The Night Walk
WhenSat Nov 03, 2018, 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
WhereRaley Field400 Ballpark DriveWest Sacramento, CA 95691
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) Greater Sacramento Area Chapter is seeking several volunteers for their annual benefit walk, Light The Night Walk, on Saturday, November 4 at Raley Field in West Sacramento.
Please review and complete the following form if you are interested in volunteering - https://www.llsform.org/0530FS01/form1/index.html?1533249920510
Anyone can volunteer, but minors under the age of 16 will need a parent/guardian and they are required to complete the volunteer form as well. One (1) chaperone may oversee up to five (5) volunteers.
- Lantern Set-Up (9 a.m. - 1 p.m.) - Responsible for assembling lanterns.
- Morning Volunteer Check-In (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.) - Check-in volunteers as they arrive, distribute volunteer t-shirts and direct volunteers to their appropriate area. May assist in setting up venue.
-Set Up(12:00 - 4:45 p.m.) - Assist in setting up venue location including setting out tables/chairs, signage, decorating Top Teams Tent, etc. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Good for groups and adult volunteers.
- Registration (4:00 - 7:30 p.m.) - Register walkers, accept donations and provide important event information to team captains and walkers. Assist in breaking down area when the Walk starts. Great for professional, cheerful adult volunteers with customer service experience. Must be 21 years or older to volunteer in this area as well as trainable. Training begins at 4:15 p.m. SHARP. Light dinner will be provided.
- Banner Decoration (4:30 - 7:30 p.m.) - Keep Banner Decoration tables neat and organized. Make sure participants have the supplies needed to make customized banners and help create banner signs for walkers, if needed. Will assist in breaking down area when Walk begins.
- Lantern Distribution (4:30 - 7:30 p.m.) - Responsible for handing out lanterns to walkers.
- T-Shirt Tent (4:30 - 7:30 p.m.) - Distribute t-shirts to walkers. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Assist in breaking down area when Walk starts.
- VIP Tent Helpers (4:30 - 7:30 p.m.) - Welcome and thank our top fundraising teams as they've raised thousands of dollars for LLS! Help give top teams the VIP experience including obtaining t-shirts and lanterns for team members, assisting with team/group photos, etc. Must be able to provide great customer service. Good for adult volunteers.
- Food/Refreshments (4:30 - 8 p.m.) - Help organize food and refreshments and keep area tidy during the event. Some heavy lifting required. Assist in breaking down area after the Walk begins. One volunteer will float to check on water station jugs, cups and tidiness located along the concourse.
- Remembrance Pavilion (4:30 - 8 p.m.) - Greet walkers and encourage them to write a note or add their loved one's photo. Keep area organized and tidy.
- Survivor Lounge (4:30 - 8 p.m.) - Encourage survivors to stop by. Greet walkers, keep area clean and tidy, and help pass out items/materials as needed.
- VIP Lounge (4:30 - 8 p.m.) - Welcome and thank our VIP walkers as they've done a lot of fundraising for LLS! Must be able to provide great customer service and keep area clean. Keep food/refreshments area tidy and pass out items/materials. Good for adult volunteers.
- Photographer Assistant (5:00 - 8:30 p.m.) - Assist photographers and staff in main photo areas including photo booth and team photos. Help greet participants with a cheerful attitude and answer questions or direct walkers.
-Cheering(6:00 - 8:30 p.m.) - Standing at the start/finish line and at various points along the route, these volunteers will cheer on participants, hold up fun fact signs, and help direct walkers. Good for group volunteers. We require minors under the age of 16 to be accompanied by an adult chaperone 21 years or older. 1 chaperone may oversee up to 5 volunteers.
-Route Monitors(6:30 - 8:30 p.m.) - Ensure walkers’ safety along the route and assist with directing walkers, navigating intersections, etc. Good for mature, adult volunteers. Must be 18 years or older to volunteer in this area.
-Clean Up/Break Down(7:30 - 10:00 p.m.) - Will assist in breaking down venue location including break down of tables/chairs, signage, clean-up, etc. May also help cheer walkers as they finish and/or distribute water/snacks at finish line. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Good for groups and adult volunteers.
Please complete the following form: https://www.llsform.org/0530FS01/form1/index.html?1533249920510
Questions? Concerns? Please reach out to Dana.Jacobs@lls.org
*This listing may not be kept update-to-date on available volunteer opportunities for Light The Night on November 4. Please refer to the form above for the most accurate information.
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment