Client Outreach Manager
11 people are interested
Do you believe that everyone deserves a safe place to sleep at night? Are you passionate about ending homelessness in our community? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then the Waypoint team is a perfect fit for you! Waypoint’s Homeless & Housing Program is in need of a volunteer or intern to assist with client follow up by contacting individuals who are currently living unsheltered in our community. By staying in contact with these individuals, we believe we can ensure their basics needs are being met and that they can be placed into shelter or housing as soon as possible.
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-time with flexible hours between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with a minimum commitment of 2 hours per week. Opportunity can be arranged to fit your schedule and meet any additional requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact clients who are currently waiting to be sheltered to assess immediate needs
- Assist with program components as assigned
- Complete requested paperwork and data entry in a timely manner
- Comply with all Waypoint policies and procedures
- Maintain client and program confidentiality as defined in the Waypoint Confidentiality Policy
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and professional manner, both in appearance and actions in carrying out job responsibilities
- Follow WAYPOINT CRISIS COMMUNICATION PLAN completely in crisis situations
- Maintain scheduled hours and notify your immediate supervisor personally of absences
- Accurately maintain necessary forms and records and submit in a timely manner
- Be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the total work environment
- Must be at least 18 years-old
- Understanding of the dynamics of homelessness, domestic violence, child abuse, sexual abuse/assault, substance abuse, and mental illness
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to working with families of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds and an understanding of poverty and oppression
About Waypoint Services
318 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
To strengthen and empower individuals who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence; and give children access to gaining the essential skills vital to reaching their full potential through quality child care.
Aiding individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, poverty, or domestic violence, Waypoint serves as a vital community resource. Throughout its 121-year history, Waypoint has dedicated itself to providing human services that meet the ever-evolving needs of area women, children, and families.
We'll work with your schedule.
318 5th Street SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 2 hours per week
- Must have transportation to Waypoint facilities