Description of Volunteering Opportunity
- Job Title: Volunteer to design a robust Process for Business Correspondent business for rural India
- Description of Business Correspondent vertical : The formal banking system in India has been unable to reach the last mile due to a number of challenges. Due to this, a vast majority of people in rural India do not enjoy access to various financial services, or in other words, are financially excluded. To alleviate this condition, the banking regulator has allowed banks to tie up with entities to act as their agents (business correspondents or BCs) and give basic banking services to the rural populace. Drishtee has been working with two large nationalised banks as their BC in this effort to ensure access to financial services at the last mile. The system works via. a network of rural kiosks, known as "community service points" (CSP) through which a rural entrepreneur is engaged in the provisioning of these services.
- What is the specific Project? The project is about designing an analytics backed process of monitoring, auditing and supporting Drishtee’s CSP network to achieve optimum performance and mitigate risks.
- Why is this important to your organization? The BC network is the backbone of Drishtee’s field operations and it is imperative that it is managed efficiently. For this, first we need to have a clearly laid down process to define expectations from various functionaries, and then we need to ensure adherence to the same. This project will help us in coming out with such a process document, adherence to which, will be our primary risk mitigation tool, against various operational and fraud related risks in the BC operations.
- What is the goal? Its goal is to put in place a detailed process document which can be implemented in the field so that Drishtee can manage and support its CSP network efficiently.
- Job Function: Process Design/ /General Business /Planning/Analytics
- What tasks will you want the volunteer to do: The various tasks expected from the intern will be as below:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Drishtee’s BC operations and related MIS data and reports
- Identify focus points in the existing process which require to be monitored regularly through existing/additional data
- Revise the existing process such that there is an efficient system of CSP monitoring, bank liaising and support to CSPs for work related issues. The revised process must contain clearly articulated periodicity of CSP visits/audits, bank’s local head office visits, data reporting etc.
- Design new MIS reports to aid the head office in assessing the strength of operational field processes and propose benchmarks to indicate red flags in the same.
- Location: Drishtee Noida Head Office
- Duration & Time: Full Time 1-3 months
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Language Requirements: English: Compulsory, Hindi: Desirable
- Education Requirements: Pursuing MBA in any stream (preferably finance, operations, rural management, rural development)
- Experience: None. Freshers may apply
- Skills & Interests: Analytics, Process design
- Housing & Meals: Applicable ( Shared accommodation )
- Certificate: Applicable upon successful completion of your tenure
- Laptop: Organised by the Volunteer
- Mobile reimbursement : Applicable as per organization's policy
- Travelling allowance: Only Official expenses are covered by Drishtee upon agreement with the mentor
Application Process:Interested candidates to email their CVs with a covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Financial Service Assistance
- Critical Thinking
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1- 3 months