Are you interested in a career in healthcare - whether it's clinical or hospitality? Do you want to get some REAL experience interacting with patients, families and our Emergency Team? Or are you someone who just loves people and wants to give back and enjoys working in a fast paced environment? Then this is the volunteer role for you!!
In this role, you will be working side by side with an expert clinical team to help ensure that comfort and communication needs are met. Here is what you will be doing in this role:
- providing comfort by offering pillows & blankets, beverages/meals under the direction of the clinical team
- interface with the clinical team to help keep patients & families informed
- help manage expectations for our patients & families
- ensure that call bells are answered quickly
- various tasks that support our Emergency Department Team
- and much more!
- compassionate with excellent communication skills
- 17 years of age or older
- passionate about helping others
- able to stand on your feet for 4 hours & move stretchers & wheelchairs with patients onboard
RN, BSN, Director of Patient & Customer Experience
Coordinator of Patient Experience
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- minimum 4 hours - flexible hours
- Outgoing personality
- Nursing Unit Volunteers Needed
- Telemetry Unit Volunteer...
- Supervisor of Junior Volunteers
- Thrift Shop Volunteer
- Wing Volunteers
- Pet Therapy Chaperone
- Radiology Greeter
- Nursing Education Department...
- Emergency Department Volunteer...
- Lobby Ambassador / Concierge
- Surgical Waiting Room Ambassador
- Mother/Baby Ambassador - Maternity