Position Overview & Basic Function:
The Graphic Design Intern will assist the affiliate with various design needs for special events and overall affiliate marketing and messaging. Intern will work with staff to identify needs and fulfill requests.
Intern will be responsible for working on graphics for the following items:
- Chicago Mother’s Day collateral;
- Ride for the Cure;
- Ignite the Fight Gala;
- Mission collateral;
- Team Komen collateral;
- Social Media graphics/marketing;
- Website Graphics;
- Email Graphics;
Required Skills & Education:
- Very comfortable working with Adobe Illustrator, In Design, and Photoshop.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate.
- Have strong computer skills, including strong experience Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
- Ability to lift / carry 15 pounds; capable of standing for one hour or more.
- Position will be able to use their personal computer.
- Opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector.
- "Hands-on" environment with individuals who respond to critical community issues.
- Develop above-entry-level skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic Computer Skills
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Fall 2017