Corporate Social Responsibility Returnship
2 people are interested
**Read "To Apply" at bottom of this Job posting**
**Do not apply through this website**
UniversalGiving (r), an award-winning global nonprofit, is seeking a talented, driven Corporate Social Responsibility Returnee to support the CEO in researching and closing corporate partnerships with Fortune 500 companies. The ideal candidate will have a prior sales/business development experience as well as experience managing teams. UniversalGiving is led by two-time social entrepreneur Pamela Hawley, and has been invited to the White House for three Social Innovation events. You can learn more about us winning the Jefferson Award for service on CBS . Join UniversalGiving’s dedicated international team "To Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering are a Natural Part of Everyday Life."(r)
UniversalGiving’s Returnship Program offer exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. Returnships are for experienced professionals returning to the workforce who desire to gain new skills, change professions, or simply yearning to give back.
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek , Oprah.com , CBS , The Wall Street Journal , and The New York Times .
The CSR Returnee will be responsible for outreaching to potential partners, maintaining the Corporate Strategy Spreadsheet, and writing proposals. We are seeking an experienced professional who can work closely with our CEO to expand UniversalGiving’s global presence in CSR. Our ideal candidate has significant experience in sales and client management. He/she is ready to give back to a smart, efficient, and globally impactful nonprofit. Excellent communication skills, relationship-building skills and attention to detail are required.
- Develop key corporate partnerships
- Craft communications: outreach and follow up with potential partners
- Maintain and update Corporate documents on Google Drive
- Post CSR news, trends, and client accomplishments on Social Media
- Manage junior team members
- Track and communicate team progress and performance
With proven track record:
- Attend meetings with prospective and current corporate partners
- Research and recommend best practices and integrate them into CSR plan
- Serve as the lead for the Corporate Business Unit and manage Corporate interns
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years corporate business experience
- Demonstrated success in client service and relationship management
- Success in managing teams
- Experience with field offices, remote workforces or with remote clients
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Critical attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Understanding of the global CSR landscape and best practices is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google applications (some training provided)
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Contribute your high-level skills to UniversalGiving’s mission
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship nonprofit that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the CSR industry
- Increase your understanding of global issues
- Work directly with our CEO, Pamela Hawley
- Collaborate with a positive and innovative team
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Office located within Impact Hub SF complex, amongst other regional, national and global organizations committed to positive social change
Duration: Minimum of 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months. Ideal candidates are available to work in our San Francisco office 2-3 days/week (Monday through Friday) with the possibility of some work completed remotely. As this is a leadership position, the majority of work should be done in-office.
" I came to UniversalGiving at a time when I was looking for a way to have more meaning with my work. After years in management consulting, finance, and then home raising two young children, I was ready to give back to the world in a different way. I began as a volunteer in their Returnship program and four years later, am leading Operations. UniversalGiving is a professional environment that has given me meaning, experience in new realms, and flexibility in my work schedule. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing team that is doing great things in the world."
Senior Manager, Operations
"UniversalGiving is committed to providing corporations like Cisco with global strategy, policy, operations and rigorous NGO vetting that supports operational excellence. They strengthen our CSR programs locally and around the world."
Senior Director, Corporate Affairs Cisco Foundation
UniversalGiving’s Mission : To connect people to quality giving and volunteer opportunities worldwide .
UniversalGiving’s Vision : "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life"(r)
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model(tm) to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the Strategy, Operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, Gap, BHP Billiton, RSF Social Finance, and inovia.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network , and has also been featured in BusinessWeek , Fast Company , CSRWire , WomenEntrepreneur , Oprah.com , NBC News , The Christian Science Monitor , The New York Times , The Financial Times , MarketWatch , CNNMoney.com , Change.org and See Change Magazine . UniversalGiving has been featured three times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and is a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award , and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute . She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages max), and three professional references with contact information (phone and email) to email@example.com with "CSR Returnee" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving (r) is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
Follow us on social media:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Follow Us on Pinterest: @ UniversalGiving
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog:Living and Giving
We'll work with your schedule.
655 Montgomery St.,Suite 7-102San Francisco, CA 94111
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 15-20 hours/week for 3-4 months