5 people are interested
**Read "To Apply" at bottom of this Job posting**
**Do not apply through this website**
UniversalGiving (r), an award-winning global nonprofit, is seeking a creative, driven Marketing Returnee to work with the CEO on high-level marketing partnerships, strategy, and development. The ideal candidate will have significant marketing experience with a strong understanding of marketing strategies, strategic partnerships, and astute writing and communications skills. UniversalGiving is led by two-time social entrepreneur Pamela Hawley, and has been invited to the White House for three Social Innovation events. You can learn more about us winning the Jefferson Award for service on CBS . Join UniversalGiving’s dedicated international team "To Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering are a Natural Part of Everyday Life."(r)
UniversalGiving’s Returnship Program offers exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. Returnships are for experienced professionals returning to the workforce who desire to gain new skills, change professions, or give back to the world.
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek , Oprah.com , CBS , The Wall Street Journal , and The New York Times .
The Marketing Returnee will work closely with our CEO to develop future and manage existing high-level strategic partnerships, lead the marketing team, and develop a marketing strategy that differentiates us locally and globally. Our ideal candidate has significant experience in strategic marketing and business development. You have excellent writing skills and attention to detail and are ready to give back to a smart, efficient, and globally impactful nonprofit.
- Collaborate with the CEO to identify, achieve, and manage marketing partnerships
Lead the marketing team to attain qualitative and quantitative marketing goals and metrics
- Develop and implement strategic priorities for the marketing team for long-term growth of the organization
- Review the current Marketing Plan and implement other strategies as needed
- Increase brand awareness globally
- Coordinate brand offline, online, and on the UniversalGiving website
- Update and utilize Salesforce for CRM
- With proven success and positive attitude, work on significant partnerships with CEO and play a major leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in marketing or communications field
- Strong command of marketing principles and ability to implement them creatively
- Proven experience with digital marketing including social media
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to motivate a team and communicate objectives clearly
- Critical attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google applications (some training provided)
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Contribute your high-level skills to UniversalGiving’s mission
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship nonprofit that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of global issues
- Work directly with our CEO, Pamela Hawley
- Collaborate with a positive and innovative team
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Office located within Impact Hub SF complex, amongst other regional, national and global organizations committed to positive social change
Duration: Minimum of 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months. Ideal candidates are available to work in our San Francisco office 2-3 days/week (Monday through Friday) with the possibility of some work completed remotely. As this is a leadership position, the majority of work should be done in-office.
" I came to UniversalGiving at a time when I was looking for a way to have more meaning with my work. After years in management consulting, finance, and then home raising two young children, I was ready to give back to the world in a different way. I began as a volunteer in their Returnship program and four years later, am leading Operations. UniversalGiving is a professional environment that has given me meaning, experience in new realms, and flexibility in my work schedule. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing team that is doing great things in the world."
Senior Manager, Operations
UniversalGiving’s Mission : To connect people to quality giving and volunteer opportunities worldwide .
UniversalGiving’s Vision : "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life"(r)
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model(tm) to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the Strategy, Operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, Gap, BHP Billiton, RSF Social Finance, and inovia.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network , and has also been featured in BusinessWeek , Fast Company , CSRWire , WomenEntrepreneur , Oprah.com , NBC News , The Christian Science Monitor , The New York Times , The Financial Times , MarketWatch , CNNMoney.com , Change.org and See Change Magazine . UniversalGiving has been featured three times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and is a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award , and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute . She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages max), and three professional references to email@example.com with "Marketing Returnee" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving (r) is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
For more information please visit:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Follow Us on Pinterest: @ UniversalGiving
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
We'll work with your schedule.
655 Montgomery St.Suite 7-102San Francisco, CA 94111
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 15-20 hours/week for 3-4 months