We are seeking Board Members and those who can help us source Board Members.
1) Type of Board
Governance board in development stage
2) Board model
Working board, building infrastructure, community contracts, financial management
3) Board Composition
Current board is 5 members, and we are currently seeking to add 4 new members.
4) Key Board priorities and goals
Creating partnerships, building friends and supporters of KITS and fund development
Board member commitments:
1) Board term and selection process
2 years; on rolling basis
2) Required committees/ work groups particip.
Seeking committee chairs with specific skill sets in financing, fund development and marketing
3) Financial give and/or get requirements
$1000 annual give or get which does not include in-kind donations.
4) Areas of skills/ expertise needed
Fund development, financial expertise, marketing expertise, leadership expertise, partnership development expertise and strategic planning expertise
5) Board meeting frequency and location; required attendance
Ten times a year. Six in-person in Burbank and the others by telephone.
1) Key organizational priorities and goals, briefly
Capacity building, board development; transitioning board from founding friends to governance board.
2) Community focus
Foster care youth and underserved youth ages 11-18 years old
3) Organization’s funding sources
Individual donors, corporate sponsors & fundraisers
4) Partner opportunities with other industries/ individuals
Partnership with Dept. of Children and Family Services, USC School of Social Work, Major Studios, Production Houses and Entertainment Professionals
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Up to 10 hours per Month
- A passion for our mission