Come join the team and help veterans in the Jamaica, NY area! If you are a people person with an attention to detail, check out the requirements below and reach out to volunteers. We can't wait to hear from you!
- Ability to commit to volunteer 10-15 hours per week
- Recruitment of volunteers.
- Coordination of the volunteer resources of Soldiers’ Angels and all aspects of their participation in the VAVS program at the medical center.
- Planning special events and coordinating the distribution of goods and services.
- Interpretation of policies and procedures of Soldiers’ Angels to the VAVS committee and appropriate VA staff.
- Annual evaluation of Soldiers’ Angels participation in the VAVS program with the leadership of Soldiers’ Angels and VA (Annual joint review scheduled with the Chief of Voluntary Services).
- Establishment of procedures for keeping Soldiers’ Angels donors and supporters informed of ongoing medical center programs and needs.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week