Sympathy Card Newspaper Outreach
Purpose: To inform family members of those who have recently died of lung cancer of A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation. Cards are to show sympathy and support for those going through a recent lung cancer death. Cards must not contain any type of donation ask.
- Newspaper obituaries are to be read each morning in search of those who have specifically passed away from lung cancer.
- Sympathy card (provided by ABOHLF) should be sent the day of the obituary entry.
- If the obituary does not contain a personal home address for a family member, the card can be sent to the funeral home "In care of" a named family member.
- Return address on envelope should be ABOHLF’s (PO Box 387, Wayzata, MN 55391)
- Sympathy card should be handwritten
- Sympathy card is to include:
- ABOHLF word track (see reverse side)
- Amanda Pederson’s business card
- Volunteer must sign "Volunteer" under their signature
- Volunteers must notify Amanda via email each time a sympathy card is sent. Please include the following:
- First and last name of deceased
- Date of death
- City where person lived
- Who the card was sent to: "Family of," spouse’s name, child’s name, etc.
- Address the card was sent to
- Date the card was sent
- Whether or not memorials are dedicated to ABOHLF
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours a week