Dare to Empower, Inc seeks an experienced professional to serve as a volunteer grant writer. The grant writer will be primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and corporations.
The candidate must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a supportive and direct manner, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to address and solve problems as they occur. Minimum commitment of 3 months
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and writing grant proposals and persuasively communicating Dare to Empower’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Conducting excellent research, collecting data, and developing background information for proposals.
- Assembling grant requests for submission, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Adhering to grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Successful experience with obtaining grants and donations
- Proficiency in English a must.
- Knowledge of international grant writing formatting
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills
- Ability to function as part of a team but also self-directed
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Lots of energy and sense of humor
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months