Financial Education Class Instructor Needed (Compton, CA)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
14 people are interested
LINC Housing is looking for volunteers to facilitate financial literacy classes to community members in the Willowbrook/Compton neighborhood. Our ideal volunteer is a community advocate, possesses basic knowledge of personal finance, is passionate about educating low-income and formerly homeless residents, and is seeking to empower others.
Our curriculum offers several modules for instructors to choose from to pair with the needs of the community. If you have or know of your own curriculum, we would be open to using that as well. Instruction can be offered in the form of an event or an ongoing workshop, depending on your availability.
Our financial education classes are:
- 60 or 90 minutes in length
- Hosted at Mosaic Gardens at Willowbrook - Community Room
- Primarily offered weekdays between 8am and 6pm
- Cover topics such as banking, budgeting, saving, paying bills, dealing with debt and credit management
Class audiences can include:
- First-year college students
- Families in financial crises
- Survivors of domestic abuse
- Families or individuals transitioning to permanent supportive housing
- Formerly homeless individuals
About LINC Housing
LINC Housing builds communities and strengthens neighborhoods for people underserved by the marketplace.
LINC Cares provides dynamic services to enhance the lives of the families, seniors and people with special needs who live in our communities. Our programs are offered at no cost right where residents live - which uniquely positions LINC Cares to create positive outcomes and opportunities among the households we serve.
Complete the online volunteer application at the following link: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to know more, please contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator, Asia Bogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (562)684-1148 |
We'll work with your schedule.
Mosaic Gardens at Willowbrook2213 El Segundo BoulevardCompton, CA 90222
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Planning
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment can be a one-time event to reoccurring