The Alzheimer’s Association RivALZ is a volunteer-driven event that engages young professional women in friendly but fierce flag football games around the country. As part of the competition, teams are organized around age-old rivalries that inspire fundraising, awareness and action in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. Lincoln RivALZ is based on the classic rivalry of blondes vs. brunettes.
Why do we do this?
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the nation.
- Nearly two-thirds of the Americans living with Alzheimer’s are women.
- More than 60 percent of Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers are women.
- In her 60s, a woman’s estimated lifetime risk for developing Alzheimer’s is 1 in 6. For breast cancer it is 1 in 11.
That's why we need YOU!
We are looking for:
- Planning committee members - meet once per month to help secure sponsorships and donations, schedule practices and fundraiser events, and make sure our game goes smoothly.
- Players - attend regular practices and events, raise money and awareness for the cause, and take part in the RivALZ game in April. (Players must be 21+)
- Volunteers - help out with set up, concessions, merchandise sales, ticket sales, and game-day logistics.
Join us, and help RivALZ Omaha #ENDALZ!
- Event Design & Planning
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Football (US)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours per month