Started in 2015, Project Ropa (formerly Project Narnia) began by redistributing unwanted donations from local charities with the goal of using the remaining clothes to one day stock a mobile pop-up shop. Since then we have taken the concept to the streets and now provide clean clothes and other basic necessities to homeless individuals at weekly events in partnership with Lava Mae. We also provide job interview outfits to Chrysalis, Dress for Success and Safe Place for Youth, prom dresses and suits to A Place Called Home and all damaged and dated clothes to Sew Swag to be upcycled.
Project Ropa provides clothing, shoes and personal hygiene products to people in need. Our goal is to help reduce the financial burdens on low-income individuals, giving them a better chance to find and keep a job and to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Reach out to companies for in-kind and monetary donations
- Community outreach
- Connect with local organizations for possible partnerships
- Assist with managing our social media channels and writing blog posts
- Research grants for us to apply to (if you have experience with grant applications even better)
To learn more visit our website: www.projectropa.org
Ideally we would like someone who can commit to helping us at least 4 hours a week.
It is preferred that candidates live in the Los Angeles area, but we are open to someone working remotely as well.
HOW TO APPLY
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 4 hours a week