Position Description - Board Treasurer
The Treasurer of the organization is elected at the annual Executive Committee elections to a one-year term and is eligible for re-election thereafter.
- Financial knowledge and experience (CPA or other financial certification preferred)
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations or wiliness to learn.
- Manages the organizations financial responsibilities with appropriate oversight from the Board.
- Keeps the Board informed on the financial health of the organization.
- Attendees and participates in all board meetings (6 times a year) and other meetings as required.
- Compiles and communicates appropriate financial reports to the Board on a timely basis (Board meetings) and as needed.
- Assists the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Works with the Governance Committee and the Executive Director to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Works with the Executive Director and the Board to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Completes and files required financial reports with the IRS and the State of Ohio on a yearly basis.
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 23
- Board Meetings six times a year
- Bookkeeping on a continual basis