Data shows that less than HALF of Medicaid enrollees in Dane County have access to dental care. At More Smiles, 75% of our patients are at or even below100% of the Federal Poverty Line.
More Smiles Wisconsin is a community-based non-profit that provides care to those most in need, helping to eliminate pain, improve dental health, and support residents in their effort to move out of poverty.
Our volunteer providers are criticalin making those services possible.
Volunteers at the More Smiles Clinic provide expert hygiene services at their own schedules. Hygienists can volunteer as much or as little as they are able at our regular clinic hours on Wednesday and Friday, and at our emergency care clinic on Thursday nights.
With the passage of new legislation in Wisconsin, Dental Hygienists are able to work without the direct oversight of an on-site denist at community clinics like More Smiles. We can now accommodate your schedule at any time!
Volunteers at More Smiles receive a host of benefits as well:
- The fulfillment of being a critical part of a huge community benefit, saving the teeth of the most vulnerable in our community
- Additional experience treating a wide range of cases in a high-need population
- Peer and community recognition for your volunteer service
- Networking and social meetups within the dental community
- Experience working with dentists and providers from all over Madison
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) in Wisconsin