Data shows that less than HALF of Medicaid enrollees in Dane County have access to dental care. At More Smiles, 75% of our patients are at or even below100% of the Federal Poverty Line.
More Smiles Wisconsin is a community-based non-profit that provides care to those most in need, helping to eliminate pain, improve dental health, and support residents in their effort to move out of poverty.
Our volunteer dentists are criticalin making those services possible.
Volunteers at the More Smiles Clinic provide expert dental services at their own schedules. Dentists can volunteer as much or as little as they are able at our regular clinic hours on Wednesday and Friday, and at our emergency care clinic on Thursday nights.
Volunteers at More Smiles receive a host of benefits as well:
- The fulfillment of being a critical part of a huge community benefit, removing pain from the most vulnerable people
- Additional experience treating a wide range of cases in a high-need population
- Peer and community recognition for your volunteer service
- Networking and social meetups within the dental community
- Experience as a mentor to young dental students and new volunteers
- The chance to help someone out of poverty, onto better insurance, and into your dental clinic!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Active Wisconsin State Dentistry License