The Academic Tutor is responsible for ensuring that the children’s academic needs are met in top priority. The volunteer is to help the children with their homework, and to understand the material so that they are able to learn the instructions and eventually work on the problems on their own.
- Apply one-on-one tutoring for the child while at the shelter.
- Be prompt and prepared when attending all scheduled sessions.
- Provide weekly updates to housing team on child’s progression.
- Keep in regular contact with the parents in order to keep a consistent tutoring schedule.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous tutoring or working with youth preferred.
- Provide positive role-model for youth.
- High School Diploma.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Requirements and Commitment:
- Background check, FBI and child abuse clearance.
- Must be at least 18.
- 1/week for the school year
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Light Cleaning at Family...
- Academic Tutor
- Communications and Development...
- Driver for clients
- Bring a smile to a mother's face!
- Communications/Social Media Intern
- Children's Activity Coordinator
- First Friday Construction Crew
- Donation Coordinator
- Welcome new families with a...
- Volunteer Management Internship
- Create a Birthday Party for a...
- Plumbing Volunteer
- Team Building for non-profits,...
- Media Production Specialist
- Movers and Shakers
- Newsletter Editor
- Volunteer Management Intern
- Events Manager