Community Home Care & Hospice’s volunteers provide emotional support and companionship, comfort, and respite to our patients and families. All of our patients have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness. We strive to enable our patients to live their last days in the most fulfilling manner possible, whether they choose to do so in their home or in a nursing facility.
Are you a good listener? Are you dependable? Do you have a desire to help others? If so, you would be a great hospice volunteer! No medical background is necessary. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds, professions, and age groups.
Not sure how you can help?
A few suggestions:
1. Sitting with a patient while the caregiver leaves the home to visit, shop, attend church, pursue hobbies/interests, attend meetings, or perhaps go to the barber shop/beauty salon.
2. Sitting with a patient so the family/caregiver can simply take a nap or rest.
3. Preparing and delivering meals to the patient and family.
4. Assist in preparing birthday or holiday cards for mailing.
5. Read to a patient.
6. Sing to a patient.
7. Laugh with a patient.
8. Simply sit by the bedside and hold the hand of a patient.
Volunteers can give as much or as little time as their schedules allow. There is not a set number of hours required. As patient/family needs differ so do volunteer hours. Whether you have a few minutes or several hours to give, this is the program for you.
- Hospice Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- Patient Care
- First Aid / CPR
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are flexible with your schedule!