Community Event Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where299 Alhambra Circle Suite 224Miami, FL 33134
Would you like to spend a few minutes meeting a person and changing his or her life forever?
Then become an instrumental part of our outreach team. You will help inform individuals of how to help themselves and their loved ones while they travel the road to recovery. These individuals may be hearing this for the first time from you! You will be greatly appreciated by them and by us!
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is the largest volunteer driven organization committed to education, support, and advocacy for people living with mental illness and their families.
We are a forward thinking grassroots non-profit looking to hire a caring volunteer to assist us at community events.
Your schedule is very flexible and you may contribute as little as 4 hours per month or as much as you would like. (We have a multitude of volunteer activites that you may be interested in!)
You will be participating with other volunteers manning a table at public community events and health fairs.
NO previous experience or skills necessary.
What will you be doing?
- Occupy a table with at least one other volunteer at a local public community event; and,
- Greet members of the public, answer general questions and distribute material about our organization
- Provide you with hands on training at the event
- Provide you with facts sheets and talking points about our organization
- Provide you with an opportunity to practice your relationship building and face-to-face communications experience
Why work with us?
- You will work with wonderful men and women who care about our community and our part in it.
- You will work with an organization that is at the epicenter of mental health reform in Miami-Dade.
- You will like what you do!
Thank you for considering working with our great team of volunteers.
If you would like to learn more about assisting at these events or other volunteer opportunities, please contact us NAMIofMiami@gmail.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training