SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION
About Peace Village:
Peace Village is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit senior living community that houses older ages 65 and above in independent living, assisted living, and memory care settings. Peace Village is located in the suburban Cook County township of Palos Park, IL.Peace Village aims to create a society that re-imagines and celebrates aging by carrying out its mission of "embracingthecontinuing vitality of our residents by fostering a loving and respectful community in which our residents’ individuality is honored, wellness is supported, faith is inspired and friendships are made."
The Special Events will assist the development team in engaging community support through the coordination of different fundraising events to raise money for the benevolent fund and other special programming to benefit Peace Village residents.
Duration of Internship: Fall 2017 or Summer 2018
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
- Coordinate fundraising and other special development events.
- Assist in finding and obtaining corporate sponsorships and silent auction/raffle items.
- Develop print and electronic marketing materials to promote events.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for event implementation as needed.
- Perform other clerical duties related to event planning including processing donations, managing ticket sales, sending gift receipts to donors, etc.
- College student studying communications, marketing or similar field.
- Comfortable reaching out to new organizations to develop relationships
- Skilled in public speaking, strong and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Interested in the non-profit sector and/or working with older adults.
Kim Karwacki, Director of Resource Development
(708) 671-2495, email@example.com
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment