RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
About Peace Village:
Peace Village is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit senior living community that houses older ages 65 and above in independent living, assisted living, and memory care settings. Peace Village is located in the suburban Cook County township of Palos Park, IL.Peace Village aims to create a society that re-imagines and celebrates aging by carrying out its mission of "embracingthecontinuing vitality of our residents by fostering a loving and respectful community in which our residents’ individuality is honored, wellness is supported, faith is inspired and friendships are made."
The Resource Development Intern will assist the development team in securing additional resources for the organization by engaging with Peace Village constituents and identifying new relationships.
Duration of Internship: Fall 2017 or Spring 2018
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
- Conduct grant prospect research and assist with preparation of grant applications
- Manage all aspects of gift processing and maintaining accurate donor records
- Develop new communication strategies and materials for engaging with donors and volunteers
- Coordinate donor engagement activities/events
- College student studying communications, marketing, or similar field.
- Seeks out ways to problem-solve using creative thinking
- Comfortable reaching out to new organizations to develop relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Interested in fundraising, working in the non-profit sector, or working to serve the older adult population,
Kim Karwacki, Director of Resource Development
(708) 671-2495, email@example.com
- Resource Development / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment