We are an innovative nonprofit creating exciting new projects to help people in great need. We are looking for a user experience person to help us do one or more of the following:
* create wireframes / mockups of new pages for our new websites and strategize the workflow between pages
* make improvements to the UX / UI of existing mockups
* get feedback from potential users about their experience of the mockups
If you're able to do one of the above and not the others, we can still consider you for this role.
Telecommuting virtually from anywhere in the world is possible. The times of day you do the work are totally flexible.
Here are some of our websites that are live or in development. They fall into three broad groups:1) a group of innovative websites and apps to help nonprofits and their supporters raise money for the good work they do. Here is a sample of a nonprofit’s page at one of the websites, named Volunteerathon: http://bit.do/Volunteerathon_Nonprofit_Page Here is a sample of a volunteer’s page ... most people volunteer with a nonprofit, but we’ve designed it so people who use their time to help people directly (not through a nonprofit) can also use the app to raise money for charity: http://bit.do/Volunteer_Page Another website is Quitathon, where a person quits something that's not good for them and donates some or all of the saved money or time to charity: http://bit.do/Quitathon. We have many other great ideas for these kinds of apps that all nonprofits and their supporters can use.
2) a project to free some of the world's 25 million modern-day slaves -http://www.virtualrailroad.org. After the above is done, we plan to also do others such as: http://bit.do/Freeathon, http://bit.do/seeourslaves and http://bit.do/EmancipationProclamation. They will all be at domains that correspond with their name such as Freeathon.org.
3) an existing website that provides news related to making the world a better place covering various topics including nonprofits, human rights, extreme poverty, climate change, giving and volunteering: http://DailySource.org. This site has existed for over 10 years. You can see a few of the team members here: http://DailySource.org/about/team. Ideally, we prefer for wireframes/mockups be done either in Axure or in html on a web page, but we're open to the possibility of other tools. It's ideal for us to have high-fidelity prototypes similar to most of the mockups in the links above, but if you do wireframes (e.g. Balsamiq) and don't do high-fi, that might work fine for us too. Let's discuss it.
If you're interested, let us know how much experience you have with UX / UI and design, and what skills you have. If you can include a resume (either a link or an attachment) or a link to a LinkedIn profile, that would help. Thanks.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Web Design / UX
- Website Programming
- Graphic Design
- IT Consulting
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment